Removing Algae from Aluminum Siding?

Hello,

My house has older aluminum siding on it. It chalks if you rub it. In a few places I noticed some green algae on the siding. Whats the best way to get rid of it? I don't want to power wash because it might take the color off the siding. Any suggestions?

Reply to
jappy

Spray bottle with 10% bleach & water. Hit the hardware store for a soft brush on a broomstick. Home Depot has a selection of broom-style brushes, all of which fit the same broomstick. Choose one soft enough to not scratch the siding. And, ***WEAR GOGGLES*** and a hat.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Forgot to mention in my other post: When done bleaching, rinse DOWNWARD with a light spray, to avoid shooting water behind the siding.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Reply to
jappy

To add to Doug's excellent advice, wet the section with water before applying the bleach solution and work from the bottom up.

Reply to
NickySantoro

What about "pool shock"?

powerful stuff!!!! use with extreme care!

David

Reply to
David Combs