Removing Algae from Aluminum Siding?

Hello,
My house has older aluminum siding on it. It chalks if you rub it. In a few places I noticed some green algae on the siding. Whats the best way to get rid of it? I don't want to power wash because it might take the color off the siding. Any suggestions?

Spray bottle with 10% bleach & water. Hit the hardware store for a soft brush on a broomstick. Home Depot has a selection of broom-style brushes, all of which fit the same broomstick. Choose one soft enough to not scratch the siding. And, ***WEAR GOGGLES*** and a hat.
Thanks for the info Doug. Will do!
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:36:29 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:36:29 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

To add to Doug's excellent advice, wet the section with water before applying the bleach solution and work from the bottom up.

Forgot to mention in my other post: When done bleaching, rinse DOWNWARD with a light spray, to avoid shooting water behind the siding.

What about "pool shock"?
powerful stuff!!!! use with extreme care!
David