Removing a sprinkler head in its enterity

I'd like to remove a sprinkler head in it's entirety. To do this, I'll remove the head, cut the pipe and repair the pipe with an extension repair coupling. The question: Will this result in noticable impact on water pressure etc.? In other words, could I introduce air in the pipes or ... I'm just a novice here so I would like to use caution before proceeding.
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

onto so you can reverse it if you want. That would also allow you to see if it makes a significant difference in the size or spray pattern of the rest of the zone. Yes, it has an effect - depends on the size and pattern of the removed head and the proportion of water it was using in relation to the rest. What kind of head? How many on the zone?
On Dec 1, 4:32 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You shouldn't even need to cut the pipe. With most sprinklers they screw on to the end of a male elbow. You just need a cap of the right size. No issue with air, it just gets displaced with water again just like a garden hose.
The only issue though might be if this head your removing is on the end of a run of pipe and the system is not self-draining. If that;s the case, and it freezes in your area, then it might be that when you blow the system out for the winter, you won't be able to get the water out of that segement and it could freeze and crack.