Removing a sink stopper to clean sink trap

Hi, I have a bathroom sink that drains very slowly. I can get down and dirty and pull the trap off, but my question is, is there a way to remove the stopper mechanism from the sink bowl and just run a snake down the pipe? This seems so much easier and neater and faster. If that's possible let me know. Thanks. B
Hey Brian,
See lots like what you describe on my job. MOST OF THE TIME ;-) you can unscrew the nut perpendicular to the pipe coming out of the sink bottom that holds the pop up in and remove all the hair etc. that builds up on that and it should clear the problem. If that's clean then it's a snake job.
Barrie

dirty
me
If it works the way you say, Ill owe ya one. My wife will think I'm da bomb! B