Removing A MARBLE SHOWER AND TUB - HELP

My father and I are trying to remove a marble shower and tub - we have no idea what we are doing and there has been leak there for years - the seal and everything underneath has rotted and no the house has dropped and the plumbing has been effected.
We want to remove all that we can so when the repair people come the cost will be minimum.
Can anyone please help - I don't know where to get started, and my father is up in years and can only assitst me in knowledge. we would like to do this and cause as little damages as possible, so I am hoping that any tips could maybe save us from causing more damage than we have now.
The entire wall is marlbe and he is concerned that we will tear up the walls behind it, and the tub is massive, but I think that I can bust it up and just haul it out peice by peice.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Pam ( mysticmoonrider)

You should find the contractor first then discuss what demo you can do before he starts the restoration work. There may be less destruction required than you think or he may be able to offer some decent advice on how to proceed. Building is more profitable and fun than demolition and removal to the contractor, he should not mind leaving it to you and he can make sure you don't tear out too much or make things harder for him.
Don't forget you can hire day labor which usually hangs out in front of HD in the morning and will work for $10/hr in most places to do unskilled labor. Just make sure your homeowners policy has a workmans comp provision so you don't find yourself paying doctors bills (It's rare but you got to consider it if you use day labor). If you get a permit, you'll sign something to that effect anyway.
PipeDown wrote:

EXPERT help in removal operation so that the artistic BEAUTY that you have can be preserved and put BACK in place as unscathed as is humanly possible. BUSTING UP A PURE MARBLE TUB, HEAVENS WHAT A WASTE!!