Removing a Hotpoint over-the-range microwave

Next debacle, please:
Brought home a swanky new microwave today, with all the best intentions of installing it myself (with an extra hand or two when needed). Read the installation instructions, so when I went to pull out the old one (Hotpoint RVM44005), I expected to see holes drilled in the cabinet above, to start the removal process (and if I'm lucky, the new one would have lined up). Alas, no holes. I have no idea how this thing's held onto the wall!
Anyone?
JSH, admitting much defeat.

cabinet. Look for a couple of screws hidden behind the grillwork at the top that hold the unit in. If you can figure out how to remove the insides, I believe it will be easy to then figure out how the housing was mounted.
Julie wrote:

was mounted on a bracket screwed to the wall behind it. The bottom rear of the unit was hung on hooks on the wall bracket. At the top some long screws went through from the front of the unit into the top of the bracket. To get to the screws you had to take off the trim along the top of the cabinet. Then the unit swiveled down so it could be lifted off of the hooks. I had a little problem getting it to swivel down because the opening was just exactly wide enough for the microwave, and the formica on the side of the adjacent cabinet made it a tight fit. I had to pry it down.
Bill Gill
Over the range Micro-waves are usually secured by bolts thru the over head cabinet as well as a plate mounted to the wall. The bulk of the weight of the Mw Oven is held by the wall plate. The Mw slides down into the wall plate after the wall plate is securely fastened to the wall. You should fasten the wall plate with screws into the wall studs where possible but no fewer than 1 screw into stud and hollow wall fasteners for the other mounting screws! Hope this helps. Works for me!

Hi,
Remove upper grill, remove bottom, unclip hook clip in the top middle. The inside guts will pull forward, undo the large plug in wire harness on the bottom and the inside workings will pull out towards you....the outer shell is bolted up in place and the inner guts slide in or out.