Removing 1 pc shower/ tub

I would like to replace my 30 yr old 1 pc. fiberglass tub/ shower enclosure with newer 4 pc enclosure. How do I remove old 1 pc. unit and is "nailing lip " behind the current drywall ? Will I have to remove some drywall to remove it ? Are all bath enclosure studs a standard spacing ? ie. - two close together toward outside of enclosure ? Thanks. Dan
<< is "nailing lip "behind the current drywall ? >>
Yes.
<< Will I have to remove some drywall to remove it ? >>
Yes.
<< Are all bath enclosure studs a standard spacing ? ie. - two close together toward outside of enclosure ? >>
Only if you're real lucky. Plan for the worst, hope for the best..Good luck and wear your safety glasses when you use the SwazAll.
Joe