removed wall paper and drywall paper came off with it

I am redoing our guest bathroom. I removed the wallpaper today. It seems that the walls were not primed as the top sheet of the drywall came off with most of the wallpaper. Do I take the rest of the drywall paper off or do I use something to cover/make level where it did come off?
THANKS!
Kim Scott
When you are done tearing up the wall, you will need to skim coat it with drywall mud then prime before you put any paint or new wallpaper up. If you do the whole wall it will look best but you might get away with spot repairs.
Leave what you can of the drywall paper in place, sand the ugliest spots before skim coating. If you pull it off, the gypsum will crumble and make a real mess.

with
Skimcoat, replace drywall, or add a layer of 3/8" drywall to cover.
aem sends...

Two things happened. Either you didn't wait until the glue had wetted enough with water, or the installer used a glue that doesn't reconstitute very well with water.
No matter. That brings us to today.
Texture the wall. You can cover up a lot of sins with 5# of texture. Drywall mud or spackle the big divots. Sand a little to knock down the high spots.
Steve