remove washer odor

I am an appliance repair tech. It is a common problem for both top load and front load washers to have an odor problem. We have tried different chemicals to rid washers of this foul odor. This includes bleach, ammonia, vinegar etc. A couple of years ago we came across a product called "PureWash" I don't know what's in it but it's the only thing that takes out mold, fungus and that mildew smell and really satisfies customers! We can't find it in stores - we have to get it from a website

/ It works so well that we buy it in bulk

Reply to
motsbc

Speaking of "smell", I could be wrong but this "smells" suspiciously like Spam. I "used" to be an appliance salesman and we always recommended that customers leave the lid open for a couple of hours after washing and to run bleach through the machine once every week or two. That always seemed to do the trick.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

To prevent mold and rust leave the washer lid in the open position. Your washer will last longer and there will be no odor.

Reply to
Phisherman

Speaking of bullshit spam your product is it, for Mold mildew a gallon of bleach on a minimal water cycle will kill anything , gee probably a pint will. I will bet your expensive product is sodium hypochlorate base, the same ingrediant as house hold Bleach.

Reply to
m Ransley

I wanted to add comments to my earlier post as is health issue. If you're using rinse aid in your dishwasher you may want to rethink what you're doing as rinse aid changes the surface tension of water. There is no rinse cycle after rinse aid is dispensed. Scientists say that people are made of

75% water and it doesn't make sense for us to drink anything that changes surface tension. Those bubbles that go to the top and fall back down when you fill your glass aren't caused by detergent. It's rinse aid that people are drinking! Go to my repair site (Tom, I don't need anymore business)and read the appliance advice page for more options rather than using rinse aid!

Reply to
motsbc

I want to add comment to my earlier post as is a health issue. If you are using rinse aid in your dishwasher you may want to rethink this as rinse aid is dispensed in the rinse cycle. When you fill a glass with water from a unit that uses rinse aid bubbles go to the top and fall back down. It's not detergent but rinse aid that people are drinking. Rinse aid changes the surface tension of water. Scientists say that people are made of 75% water. Go to my repair site at

(Tom, I don't need anymore business)and read the appliance advice page for more options.

Reply to
motsbc

I just add a scoop of baking soda to every load and have on odor problems. I buy it at Sam's Club for ~$5 a bucket, makes a great tooth paste also.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

A bleach clean is okay once in a while but certainly not a gallon! There should be no reason to run a bleach clean more than twice a year. If there is still a problem it is with detergent use. Bleach will dry out seals and gaskets which will cause leaking! We have used this cleaner. I think it's called purewasher? Don't remember the site where our office gets it.

Reply to
airdoc

/ If you ever take apart any washer that has ever had an odor problem you would see a thin layer of fungus that is caused by following detergent directions. It's like washing your clothes in a barrel of fungus. Bleach will remove some of this fungus but it also wreaks havoc with seals. There should be no reason that the lid would have to be left open. If there is an odor problem it is with detergent use.

Reply to
airdoc

"airdoc" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

If this is the case, use oxygen bleach (sodium percarbonate). It can be used everywhere from the washer to cleaning the black alge off of roof shingles.

See:

many uses at
The big difference in sources seems to be the percentage of oxygen bleach in what your are getting vs fillers. That shit that Billy Banks sells on TV is probably 98% his belly button lint. I think he and that Sears w**re Bob Vila do each other.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Reply to
airdoc