Remove Wall Mirror with Adhesive

Have a 30x36 1/4" rectangular mirror on wall. Loosened 4 mirror clips. No budge. Break any paint bead. No budge. Ran 4-5" putty knife between wall and mirror around perimeter. Seems to have "cut through" something but still no budge. My guess is builder put some kind of adhesive on it then put up with clips.
Option 1 of course it to bust it. Option 2 is to leave it and make a frame around it.
To try and remove without busting it and ending up in the hospital, I was thinking of trying to wrap each end of some thin wire around my glove covered hands (like the gansters in movies who get the guy in the front seat around the neck) and run it between the mirror and wall "slicing" the adhesive. Hopefully the adhesive is not rock hard. Putty knife effort leads me to believe it's not.
Any thoughts, better ideas, comments?

left over adhesive can be dissolved with goo gone or goof off.
breaking it will be easier

hang a new flat tv over it. add a similar mirror on the opposite wall.
Put lots of masking or painters tape over the glass and it won't slice your head off when it breaks.