remove towel rack fixed to tile wall

I want to remove a towel rack fixed to my ceramic-tiled bathroom wall. Photos:
http://members.dslextreme.com/~dmorgan1/towelrack/index.html
I can't figure out how to remove it non-destructively. On the other side of the wall is a closet, where there's drywal I'd have to break to get a view of the space between the walls and the immediate backing of the tile. The fixture is old, doesn't want to move in any direction I try to pull it. Any idea how this thing it attached and how to unattache it?

It looks like a mudset ceramic towel bar. If it is and you take it out you are going to have a hole in the wall equal to the base size. You may want to think about this one.
Breaking it out while wearing long sleeves and heavy gloves is the only way I have ever managed to remove them. Trust me on the gloves. I had the stitches and still have the scar.
Colbyt

You might try a wire saw. Xeno http://www.concretenetwork.com/concrete/demolition/diamond_wire_saw.htm
1) Check to make sure there is not a set screw under each bracket. 2) If not, gently tap the end piece upward with a rubber mallet. You may find a bracket has been attached to the tile and the end piece fits over it.