Remove toilet

What is the best way to temporally cap off a toilet I need to replace the tile floor so I need to have the toilet removed for a few days
Thanks
Joe
Joe wrote:

1. Turn off water 2. Flush toilet. Bail out any water remaining 3. Remove tank (if removeable) 4. Remove decorative caps from 2- hold down bolts in base 5. Remove nuts from hold down bolts. 6. Lift toilet up
--
dadiOH
____________________________

If it's going to be quite a few days, you can easily make a cap from a piece of thin plywood and screw it down to the bolts. Get new bolts, them later use them on the toilet. Discard the old ones. If you still smell sewer gas, put some plumbers putty under the plywood.
Mark
--
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 06:11:41 -0600, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
< snipped-for-privacy@null.invalid> wrote:
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Sealing the hole is a good idea in any case, as sewer gas is mostly Methane, which is highly flammable, to the point of being explosive. Any spark, from anything, and....

inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
Most people use a rag. But don't forget to remove the rag when reinstalling! DAMHIKT...
-Tim

Joe wrote:

Yea, the guy installing mine used a rag. Whats the point? It does not stop the venting/stink from wafting into your bathroom. duct tape, or a properly sized pail over the hole may work as well.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert
For a few bucks you can by a cap at Lowes. It's essentially a metal plug with a heavy rubber ring around it that expands when you turn a thumb screw on the top.
Sam