remove tile mastic

I have two questions: 1. I took out some molded sheetrocks and inside, there are many beams. How can I tell which beam(s) is a supporting beam and which is not? I want to open a partial of the kitchen wall so the small space looks larger but don't want the unit upstair to colapse.
2. I need to replace the cracked tiles in the bathroom with the new tile for the entire bathroom's floor. They were set with the mastic (I think, it's white) rather than the gray thin set. It's so difficult to get the tiles out. Is there a way can I get them out easier.
Your opinion/advice is very much appreciated.
Mia
Mia wrote:

a. obtain hammer
b. hit tile(s) with hammer multiple times. beat the sucker. work off aggression.
c. remove tile debris
d. chip up the thinset that held the tiles in place. the white stuff is grout and it isn't holding them down