Remove / Prevent Mold on the A/C Evaporator Coil

I have recently moved into a 5 yr old home in southern Florida. Just had an A/C tune-up; service person found some mold on the A/C evaporator coil?
Is this very prevalent down in southern Florida, for I had never experienced this in Ohio?
Any suggestions / internet web sites on how to clean the evaporator coil without damaging it? The service person charges about $200 to clean it, which seems rather high to me, but I really don't know what is involved. Furthermore, they recommended that I have installed a U/V Light Air Sanitizer, which costs $930. Is this price reasonable, and is this something that should really be done. (I have asthma and an allergic to mold.)
Any input on the above would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--
Have a great day, except you spammers
To email, remove the obvious
Have a great day, except you spammers
To email, remove the obvious
Model- brand of UV light not coil cleaner

Common...been there forever, but its become the new big thing.

Depending on the location, its average. Some we have done, I told the customer right up front, its cheaper to replace it, and it would have been.

High as hell...in a word....BULLSHIT. I have sold the units, the BETTER units to people in this group, at a substantial savings, and the $100 cheapie you can get at Home Depot isnt worth a damn. Seriously. Its a consumer model, and the ones we carry, can not be bought over the counter by a non licenced person...however, a 3rd party can sell them all day long....and we do. It takes all of 30 minutes, TOPS to install one. That includes cutting the hole, securing 4 screws, and plugging it up. Thats it. Give you a hint, I have yet to install one for more than $350.

what brand to you sell, CB?
Rich

Hello, I'm in Hollywood Fl. What company is this?
1. Yes mold is rather common. 2. You can't clean it yourself. The coil will be removed, cleaned and re-installed. 3. $200. coil cleaning. That's a low low price. 4. $930 UVC lights. hmmm. How many and does it include a filter system? 5. Home Depot - UV light is to be nice.... basic.
"I have asthma and an allergic to mold" In your case a UV-C Light setup is prudent. Get the contractor grade lights. Well worth the added cost. One issue is the life of the bulb and replacement costs so ask ahead of time. Your contractor may suggest improvement to your filter setup.
As always price should come second to quality and trust. Ask around, make some calls and find a contractor you can build a working relationship with. The only issue I see is the cost of the lights unless there is more to this story.
And welcome to our banana republic. Don't forget vote twice, three times is better.
recently moved into a 5 yr old home in southern Florida. Just had an