Remove Paint drips from Window Trip?

I was wondering if there was anyway to remove paint drips from window trim. The trim is in very good condition and has a stain finish. The only problem is the last people to paint the place made a real mess and dripped paint all over everything. Do I have to strip them down to bare wood and refinish?

Dave

you might try a paint remover like goof-off first.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

If it is wall paint it is latex Alcohol or store bought products will soften it. The problem is what kind of varnish was used , Water base may soften also. try an area see what happens

Reply to
m Ransley

Do you guys think a heat gun will work? Someone told me to try it.

Reply to
Dave