Remove knockdown texture from walls

What is the best way to remove this from walls?

is an example of the type of texture I want to get rid of.

Thanks.

Reply to
shouston75

If that is a textured paint finish the only way I know of is to brush on paint remover , let it work as the instructions specify and then scrape off.

Wear gloves and use a scraper with rounded corners to prevent gouging the walls.

If its a spray on plaster I havent a clue . :(

Reply to
marks542004

Never saw any "removed", but you can smooth coat the wall using joint compound. Apply a vertical coat and then a horizontal coat. Repeat as necessary until smooth and ready for paint, etc.

-- Oren

Oren

Get bids from a plasterer for skimcoating if that is possible. Compare that to a quote for simply replacing the drywall and/or applying a layer of the thinnest drywall available. My guess would be that new drywall would be the most cost effective and look best. YMMV.

Joe

Reply to
Joe