Remove impeller on hot tub pump

The seal on my pump has failed and I am having trouble removing the impeller in the pump. It appears that turning the impeller clockwise, while holding the motor shaft with a screwdriver in the end slot, is the procedure. Mine will not budge, at least not before the screwdriver slips. I hesitate to use a lot of force until I am sure I am on the right course. Am I right as to procedure? Any tips on loosening the impeller? Any tips on holding the shaft? Pump is an Acura MagnaFlo.
Lots of impellers are pressed on. If you can see a key or not see any threads, assume it's pressed.

impeller in

the
will
lot
procedure?
Pump is

I have the same pump, and mine is NOT pressed on.
The shaft and brass insert in the impeller corrode a bit over the years. When I install new impellers, I grease the threads.
Barry
On 20 Nov 2003 21:54:30 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnojunk (Kaysue555) wrote:

The last time I did one of these on mine, I ended up replacing the impeller. There was no way I was able to remove it without destroying it.
Barry