remove ceiling "popcorn" from sandblasted glass?

Page 1 of 2

We have an exterior entry door with several leaded glass panels - the leaded glass is sandblasted - the glass panels picked up some overspray when we were having the entryway area remodeled - we'll be re-painting the wood sections of the door, but before we do that, what's the best way to remove the "popcorn" material from the glass sections? The leaded glass won't take a lot of scraping or pressure. THANKS!

Paint remover very carefully applied.
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:44:19 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"
OP, Do not use paint remover.

Ditto...Use warm water....

Why not? I have done leaded glass work and would use paint remover in that situation. I would be very worried about using anything water- containing on the door if I was going to re-paint it as the water will get into the wood and cause problems, while the paint remover will soften the paint so it can easily be scraped off the glass.
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 13:53:23 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

The glass DOES not have paint on it. The OP has over spray from the new popcorn ceiling. A damp paper towel or a light misting with water/Windex will clean the glass.
Painter remover IS to harsh for the project at hand, plus, paint can be removed from glass without a stripper type product.

Paint remover very carefully applied.
reply:
DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT. Idiot. It's water based. Water dissolves it. There is no way to "carefully" apply paint remover.
Doofus.

Where does the OP say the overspray was water-based?? I have applied paint remover using a paint brush to do almost exactly what the OP proposes to do.

Where does the OP say the overspray was water-based?? I have applied paint remover using a paint brush to do almost exactly what the OP proposes to do.
reply: I don't believe I have ever seen "popcorn" that wasn't water based drywall mud paste with styrofoam additives. I could be wrong, though. I was once before, too.
Steve

Well, that doesn't make me an idiot or a doofus!

Well, that doesn't make me an idiot or a doofus!
Using powerful paint remover to remove a water based mud does.

Well, that doesn't make me an idiot or a doofus!
Yes it does....If the OP listened to your stupid advice he would be re-painting trim as well.....Popcorn is made with joint compound , texture spray mix , water and white flat wall paint...ALL water washable....

I guess I'm confused. Why would the OP HAVE to repaint the trim if he appplied the paint remover only to the glass? I said in the original response to apply the paint remover carefully. The OP also said that they were going to repaint anyway. Read the original post if you don't believe me.

I guess I'm confused. Why would the OP HAVE to repaint the trim if he appplied the paint remover only to the glass? I said in the original response to apply the paint remover carefully. The OP also said that they were going to repaint anyway. Read the original post if you don't believe me.
Yes you are confused and an idiot...

But I have a 5-star rating and you only have 2 stars so some people must think I am not confused and an idiot.

But I have a 5-star rating and you only have 2 stars so some people must think I am not confused and an idiot.
That's not what your wife said...JUST KIDDING..Sorry couldn't resist that easy comeback....LOL....What the heck are you talking about ???

Click on "profile" on a message you posted and see how many stars you have on your rating. Then click on "profile" on any of my postings and see how many stars I have.

Click on "profile" on a message you posted and see how many stars you have on your rating. Then click on "profile" on any of my postings and see how many stars I have.
I have no profile link or button to click on...What news reader do you have ??? Never heard of such a thing..