Remove caulking smear

Hi, How can i remove old caulking smear from an aluminum window sill? I tried scraping some of it off but there is still some left. thanks

what kind of caulking? latex? silicone? rubber?
for latex, try liquid fabric softer on a rag and a little patience.
for rubber and silicone, you're pretty much gonna have to scrape it off.
randy
"not Steve Buscemi" <me ATyahoo.ca> wrote in message

<< there is still some left. >>
Any common paint remover containing methylene chloride will remove virtually any caulking. May take a while longer with silicone, so just be patient. Use blue masking tape to protect nearby paint. HTH
Joe
not Steve Buscemi wrote:

If it is a flat, smoothe surface a razor blade scraper (new blade) works nicely.