Removal of roof truss cross-members, to make for easier attic storage access...[??]

I just built a house and used trusses because I have a floor plan with the kitchen/dining/living room all open. There is a 32' open span that couldn't be done with ceiling joist/rafters.

Reply to
Joe

My garage has a 32' clear span and I did it with I-joists. Plus, I put them up singlehandedly.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Amputee? ;)

RicodJour

Well, it COULD be done, but it would be expensive as you'd need glulam or other engineered lumber for the joists and rafters. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

No, one hand on the ladder, one hand pushing the joist into the hanger. :-)

Reply to
Wes Stewart