Removal of roof truss cross-members, to make for easier attic storage access...[??]

Page 4 of 4
I just built a house and used trusses because I have a floor plan with the kitchen/dining/living room all open. There is a 32' open span that couldn't be done with ceiling joist/rafters.
--
JerryD(upstateNY)

So much for old vs. new construction. Could a free

My garage has a 32' clear span and I did it with I-joists. Plus, I put them up singlehandedly.
Wes Stewart wrote:

Amputee? ;)

No, one hand on the ladder, one hand pushing the joist into the hanger. :-)
Joe wrote:

Well, it COULD be done, but it would be expensive as you'd need glulam or other engineered lumber for the joists and rafters. :-)
Matt