Removal of bathroom mirror

We have a 4'X4' glass mirror in our bathroom that was installed by the builder of our home when it was built 11 years ago. We want to remove it and replace it with something more attractive. It appears to be attached with an adhesive? Do I have to break it off in peices to remove it, or is there an easier way?
Doug and Patty
We just removed 3. They were held on with the proper black adhesive and came off in one piece and could have been reused. Where goggles or even better, a face shield just in case. Put something wide under it and gently pull. Use gloves too of course.

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:25:26 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Your choice. Save the backing or save the mirror!

it depends if you want to use the mirror someplace else. the mirror is probably worth about $130. so unless it was cut to fit the area it may be reusable someplace else inthe house like a closet derssing area or a basement gym.
mike.......
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:25:26 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

You could TRY piano wire and a pair of dowels. It might work, or it might blow up the mirror.