Removal / cutting of large fiberglass bathtub.

I have a 7 feet x 3 feet fiberglass batch tub that is no longer used in a 8x8 foot room. I plan to cut up the tub into 4 pieces so I can remove it from the room. My question is, what pre-cautions and equipment will I need to safely cut the bathtub?

Reply to
Eric Vermeire

A SawzAll or saber saw with a short blade will do just fine. A little water spray will mitigate dust. Plan to section it in small pieces, like 8 or so to make disposal easier. Fiberglass dust can give you a minor itch but is pretty benign otherwise. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Safety glasses and a dust mask minimum. Good work clothes.

I found in taking out my FG shower enclosure that it is kinda springy, and bits and pieces fly around a bit. The cut edges are kinda rough.

Reply to
John Hines

Yeah, they're springy, so it's a good idea to have a friend on hand to help stabilze the material as your getting to the end of cuts.

Reply to
Brian Huntington