Remote home temperature monitoring

We have a second home that, from time to time, suffers a heating problem.

We'd like to install something that would monitor the air temperature, and if it fell below a certain level, would call a pre-programmed number.

I've seen devices you call into, but that will not work as the phone there has voice mail on it.

As an alternative, are there any devices that can monitor a home and can provide continuous reporting via the internet?

Thanks

Reply to
GaryMO

Check with your local security companies. Many home security systems will take care of this as well as flooded basements etc.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Sure. (You really should learn how to use search engines for these kinds of questions).

Temperature alarming:

Want something more sophisticated? How about an Internet-enabled thermostat:

Travis Jordan