remote garage door openers

I think the contacts in my remote garage door opener are getting oxidized. What is the best way to clean it? I've tried to scrape it but it's hard to do because it's small and in a tight area. Would naval jelly work or what else? thanks

pencil eraser? brown bag paper?
--
Best regards
Han

I don't think so. Applying and rinsing might prove difficult, too.

The only thing I do to contacts of any kind these days is a shot of DeOxit. [used to be Radio Shack D5]
$15 for a small can that saves you several hundred dollars worth of time and aggravation-- and probably a few hundred dolars in parts that can be cleaned instead of replaced. http://www.all-spec.com/products/D5S-6.html
Jim
On 10/25/2011 7:44 AM, Doug wrote:

I've had a contact burnishing tool for years ... don't even know where I got it, however, Googling "relay contact burnish tool" will find many. Here's an example: http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/GC-ELECTRONICS-9337-/22-910 It is a thin piece of metal with very small embedded abrasive particles. IIRC, mine said it had diamond dust, but who knows. I've used it and it seem to work well.
Art Todesco wrote:

Hi, I use deoxit, burnishing tool or liquid gold depending on the job.
On Oct 25, 8:11am, "Stormin Mormon"

My company uses a product called Stabilant 22.for contact oxidation. It seems to work well for this purpose.
Robin
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:11:05 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

It's for the battery contacts inside the remote.
Doug wrote:

In that case, no need to turn the wet or dry paper over :)
You might want to bend the contacts out a touch too. Wouldn't hurt to clean the ends of the batteries either; I used to use the bottom of my shoe for those when I wore leather soled shoes.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Doug wrote:

Forget chemicals. A piece of fine wet or dry sandpaper will work...slide between contacts, pull out...turn paper over and repeat on other contact.
--

dadiOH

Have you ever dealt with the small contacts inside the remote garage door opener? There isn't much room to work with unless you mean to remove them of which I don't know if that's possible. I had been trying to scrape them with a skinny nail file a little but it's such a small area to work in.
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:00:52 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Sounds good to me, I'll give it a try. Thank u
Doug wrote:

Spray contact cleaner?
Available at Radio Shack