Remote Control Lawnmower

"Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have unveiled the Casmobot robotic lawnmower, which is operated using a Nintendo Wii remote. "

It's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...

Reply to
HeyBub

On 4/8/2009 8:45 AM HeyBub spake thus:

You mean, a way to get rid of those pesky critters?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Great, another way for them to avoid any physical exertion whatsoever.

Reply to
Joe

home depot sells totally automated mowers, just set boundries they cut daily.

requires no attention at all

Reply to
bob haller

Do they sell Stepford Wives? I guess not, as the shelves would be empty all the time.

Reply to
Oren

In about 1969 or so, give or take a couple years. A family a couple blocks away from me got a doodad called "Mowbot". I can remember roughly what it looks like, but don't have a lot of information. There was some kind of ground loop, and the mower went in random patterns. Rechargable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yikes, somehow I see a lawsuit waiting to happen here...

.
Reply to
RickH

On my lawn, an outdoor Roomba like that would be stranded on its back spinning its wheels in ten minutes, like a bad turtle cartoon. If kids or dogs are around, you couldn't leave it untended anyway.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:grjbar $sco$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

There was something like that that ran on a laid out loop on the lawn but it was for watering the lawn.

It would be fun to see one of these Bot mowers mowing over the track lines and water hoses. Can you see it firing the hose nozzle through the neighbors windshield or possibly a passing patrol car? Cop thinks they are being assulted. Takes out the Bot with a .45

Reply to
Red Green

I thought of making mine RC, I have the radio and reciever, it wouldnt be hard but real strong servos would cost bucks, but there is a big risk of a runaway machine, something fails or range is lost, Ive had my RC stuff "runaway" at full speed.

Reply to
ransley