Remote control & dimming halogen

Hi all
Is it possible to tie a few of the 500w outdoor type halogen lights together and have them controlled by a dimmer circuit (assume everything is sized for load)? Can you dim a halogen light?
Can anyone recommend an outdoor remote control system for this type of setup?
TIA
Mike
Skipper wrote:

You can dim a halogen lamp, but it will no longer be a halogen lamp. :-)
The halogen cycle that allows the lamps to burn hotter and still give good life and a nice white color depends on it being hot. When you dim it, it will not burn as hot. You will get a warmer color and maybe a shorter life.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Ahhh ... very interesting. I am looking tolight up my backyard. Bright when I want it and dim when I dont.....
Mike
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:50:30 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

Skipper wrote:

I have a dimmer on the halogen lights in my kitchen.
I have had no problems.
Yes obviously the color is redder when you dim them.
Mark