Remote chance, but...

Kudos to those w/ the "squeeze it to release mechanical catch" suggestions. Was able to locate a likely spot for them by eventually getting behind the wrapping barrier enough to see the length of the joint to see where was a small internal molding. At one of those points was then able to tell which was the hooked side...

I'd hate to be one of the ones on the assembly line putting the pieces-parts together, though...

Reply to
dpb

A photo or two of the disassembled dryer with an arrow pointing to the obscure latch would be good for all of us to see and learn from (to dangle a preposition).

Reply to
hrhofmann

Well, too late now... :) I don't have anything very handy for doing such, unfortunately, even if had thought of it at the time...

Reply to
dpb

Conceptually easy, yes, but arranging the cord thru the area left for it and ensuring sufficient room for the switch to still move w/o binding while holding the two loose outer switch levers in the proper positions to engage the actual switches all while ensuring the insulation wrapper remains in place around the body was not what would care to do on a time clock for a career...

Reply to
dpb

Stitching baseballs or lacing footballs would rank up there. I think it was the show How It's Made on the Science Channel where I saw both those processes. The really fast people were women.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Glad you solved it. My suggestion was to buy a couple similar ones at a Goodwill or thrift store and destructively disassemble.

Reply to
TimR

Chuckles...

Don't know why but this one was moderately expensive and she was particularly fond of it...somebody stole my expensive heat gun on last consulting gig at a power plant and I've not replaced it. This one will get hot enough that can get by on small heat shrink with it so I had some incentive, too... :)

Reply to
dpb