Remoinvg Stuck Copper Supply Tuning

Replacing kitchen faucet, removing the old one takes the most time and elbow grease, of course.

That all done, but one of the old copper supply tubes is stuck in the supply line ( I am going to use the flexible supply lines to reconnect the new work). A good deal of tubing was slipped in the supply line, and I think a tap in valve installed shortly below the supply connection point for the icemaker had to break thru both the copper pipe and the inserted tubing, causing some shards that is keeping me from getting the rest of the tubing out. (I guess in hindsight I should have taking the tap in valve off, but I didn't think the supply line was slipped in that far --- ahh hindsight!).

Any ideas besides pure force? I guess I could hacksaw the tuning off and leave the little piece remaining in there, but I am afraid it will rattle. (We are going for a future remodel of the kitchen, so I think I will have to get the supply lines moved by a plumber anyway)

Reply to
Mr Sparkle

If you do not need your icemaker valve I would recommend cutting the tubing below the valve and installing a new compression valve. This will open the tubing and allow access to the supply tube. But then again like you said if you are going to remodel in the near future it would hurt to leave the supply tube in there.

Reply to
kriesten

Thanks...I should say that I have most of the darn thing pulled out..so I think the existing tap-in valve is clear of tubing.... I can guess that there is 1/4" or so remaining of the tubing still stuck in the supply line...so the end must have shards on it

Reply to
Mr Sparkle

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy