Remodeling Patio on Slab Question

Hi, I have a concrete slab for a patio. It is about 30 years old. Solid as a rock :). Is it possible to give it a new look buy putting some kind of tile or stone or something I haven't thought about? Or do I have to dig the whole slab up (which I am not going to do.)
Thank you for any help.
One can add a number of different surfaces to an outside slab. What limits are you working with? Door sill above slab; climate... Visit a first rate tile / stone store for ideas. Perhaps you could grind or stain the concrete. TB
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes. No.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

We have the same thing. Sunset mag last month had an article about an old concrete slab patio that the writer scored with a saw to give a tile look and then stained. We are planning to do this to ours, and then either do a transparent stain or acid stain (still haven't decided). I think it will be a cool look.