remodeling a levitt home

I need to do extensive repairs to my mother's levitt home on long Island. I was hoping that some of you might be familiar with things like the oil burner/radiant heat system, what type of flooring materials would be best etc. Maybe some of youhave stories; everyone that owns one has had do work and updates so....
I've a big job ahead of me, it's fairly overwhelming but i beleive it'll be worth the effort.
Thanks, Lee
try "The Wall" at www.heatinghelp.com Some of the regulars there do Leavitt boiler replacements routinely and are very familiar with Leavett heating systems (modern and original), Leavitts in general, and radiant heating and flooring for radiant.