Remodel in progress - Value adds?

Hi,

I'm in the middle of remodeling one of the bathrooms on the second floor and the subfloor had to be cut to re-route some plumbing. I see a hollow space about 8 inches deep between the first floor celing (kitchen) and the second floor baseboard. Is there anything I can do now to add value to the project before I close this hole (Add insulation, etc)?

thanks

Reply to
Sunday4

How about a heated kitchen floor? I always wanted one of those but don't have a hollow space. Pat

Reply to
Patscga

nah! I just couldn't refuse

see ya Master of Puppets! Master, Master Master of puppets is pulling your strings. twisting your mind and smashing your dreams. Obeeeeeyyyyyy......................your Master.

Master

3GCPO
Reply to
3GCPO

Just make sure all your plumbing is in good shape and there is no rot. If you are on an outside wall and there is a rim joist, you might add some R-19 to bring the perimeter insulation up to code. Now is also the time to add that ceiling fan or exhaust duct in the kitchen.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell