Reminder: Postage rates up Sunday

That is why they chose today. Makes for a clean cutoff day from old to new.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hard to say. We fund medical care for the indigent through our taxes. We have better care for those that cannot pay than the politicians let on. They just want to have control over our money. You'd have to do a full analysis on spending to make a conclusion.

So much for "free" medical care.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

my point --

everyone

care, a sane

have 100%

I agree. After the hurricane issue the population should be totally discusted with their gov't. and embarrassed as a nation. I lived in Alabama for 6 years and am sad to say that racism is alive and kicking in the good old south - The issue with Orleans brought it all out for the world to see. One of these days the usa is gonna implode on itself. Could not wait to get out of there. It's one big melting pot of shit.

Reply to
robson

Perhaps, but most would say that the care given to those who can't pay is considerably better in Canada than in the USA.

Medical care in Canada isn't "free" - it's publicly funded and available to everybody. Put another way, you don't need to have a good job and good insurance to get good medical care.

I had a thought regarding cross-border medical shopping. If so many Canadians go to the USA for elective surgery, one might also wonder why so many Americans come to Canada (or shop online) for prescription medications... If people in the USA have such good health care and medical insurance, it shouldn't matter that the drugs cost more down there, should it?

Reply to
Christian Fox

You didn't get hit with a ballistic missle last year, did you? Thank BMEWS (Ballistic Missle Early Warning System) and the DEW Line (Distant Early Warning). While Canada participates in both systems, the Canadian component is usually confined to post support (mowing the grass, etc.).

Private enterprise in the US sent thousands upon thousands of guns to Canada last year. Again, many people feel safer knowing they can now defend themselves. Like the missle warning systems above, you can't really put a price on preservation.

Reply to
HeyBub

A great American statesman, Al Capone, once said "I don't know what street Canada is on."

I, myself, have always regarded Canada as America's attic: A place to stash the crazy aunt.

Reply to
HeyBub

No it's not. The politics and foreign policy of the United States has almost no impact on Canadians. What concievable difference could it make to any Canadian if the tax on corporate dividends is reduced or whether the US invades Syria?

No the "ire" of Canadians is displaced fear.

Reply to
HeyBub

I think the reason most Canadians don't worry about being hit with missiles is that we don't have extremists intent on attacking us. Our foreign policies tend to help, rather than dominate, foreign nations.

The American preoccupation with "homeland security" is humorous to the hundreds of countries that simply don't worry about such things, because they aren't targets. Americans feel a compulsive need to protect their homes, their neighbourhoods, and their country from external threats.

It's easier (and WAY cheaper) to avoid pissing people off in the first place and therefore not worry too much about being attacked.

In any event, no amount of "homeland security" is going to prevent all possible threats.

Here in Canada we call it illegal smuggling. Many of the readily-available guns in the USA are prohibited in Canada.

Most Canadians don't feel the need to have a gun to defend themselves. Most gun owners in Canada use their firearms for hunting and target shooting, not self-defence. Our crime rate is low enough that we don't worry too much about things like home invasions, since they are incredibly rare.

I dare say that stress levels in Canada are lower, since most Canadians don't worry about being attacked all the time. Hell, many Canadians don't even lock the doors to their homes!

Reply to
Christian Fox

So the postal service is incapable of changing quickly without getting confused?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Odd how you consider a member of a criminal gang to be one of your "statesmen".

It's the ignorance and contempt for other nations that is the chief complaint "foreigners" have about the USA, and your attitude is a prime example.

Most people outside of the USA do _not_ wish that they were Americans, or that they could live in the USA. Most people living in other countries do _not_ envy America's political system. The USA is _not_ the only democratic country on the planet.

Put another way, America viewed from the outside is not viewed as the Shangri-la that Americans think it is. Many Americans are so convinced of the "America is the best country" mantra that they don't realize that they're spending huge amounts of their lives working in pointless jobs, living paycheque-to-paycheque, just so that they can buy the latest whiz-bang gadget to impress their friends.

Reply to
Christian Fox

Judging from Canadian commentary, satire, and comedy shows, I think you're wrong.

Really? Why, then, are we spending millions of our tax dollars sending troops to Afghanistan to clean up your mess?

Yes, that's it. We're afraid that the Americans will decide that Canada is worth invading for its mineral wealth. Given recent precedents, such fear may be quite rational.

Reply to
Christian Fox

You've posted twenty times in this thread. That's about an eighth of your entire posting history. Are you winning yet? Isn't there something else you'd rather be doing?

RicodJour

American forum.

about your

Wonder who'll Play the Bears in their 1st playoff game. Exciting wekend!

Who will win NFL wild-card games? - TheSportsAdvisors.com The Redskins return to the playoffs for the first time since 1999 when they travel to Tampa Bay to face the Buccaneers... If the Redskins win, they'll travel to Seattle next week. If the Buccaneers win, they'll play the Bears in Chicago.

Reply to
Nexus7

I have nothing against Canada, I'm just pointing out something for Vivica here. When was the last time that a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup? I imagine you'll point to the Olympics or World Hockey Championships as proof of Canada's dominance, but recall Canada wouldn't have won anything since the late 50's if the meddling USA didn't meddle with the USSR and take down the Iron Curtain.

As far as bashing America, you're an amateur and an untalented one at that. We do a far better job of it ourselves than you ever could, so what's the point?

RicodJour

, this isn't an American forum.

about your

So you turned this thread into your own little political forum. You got it rolling with an attack on the american public. Then ,after someone spoke nicely to you, it all came out. You are a liberal & hate Bush. Wah. Reminds me of a child- wanting to start an argument- sung to the tune... "My country is better than your's is".

Your words.

Canada needs the U.S.- The U.S. needs Canada. Nations don't have friends, they have interests.

Fuck you. Take it elsewhere. This -is- as you said, a home repair n/g Thanks for your valuable contributions to the home repair group.

Reply to
3rd eye

I have nothing against Canada, I'm just pointing out something for Vivica here. When was the last time that a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup? I imagine you'll point to the Olympics or World Hockey Championships as proof of Canada's dominance, but recall Canada wouldn't have won anything since the late 50's if the meddling USA didn't meddle with the USSR and take down the Iron Curtain.

As far as bashing America, you're an amateur and an untalented one at that. We do a far better job of it ourselves than you ever could, so what's the point?

RicodJour

Dr. Hardcrab

Don't feed the trolls. Just kill file him. He'll go away.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Yup.

Yup.

Yup. Canadians tend to have more leftist leanings than Americans, but one thing that's almost universally believed here is that your president is an idiot.

Fuck you too.

I'm exercising my "first amendment" rights (that is what you call them, I believe) and voicing my opinion, in response to comments made by others in this group. If you don't like it, killfile me and the entire thread. Nobody's forcing you to read anything that I write.

You're welcome. Glad to be of service.

Reply to
Christian Fox

I agree. FUCK HIM!!

He's not even Canadian anyway. He's a 19 year old transvestite troll living in momma's basement in Alabama.

I know because I did his/her mom!!!

I got a thing for crack w***es....

Reply to
Red Neckerson