Reminder: Postage rates up Sunday

Page 3 of 4
Man, you Canadians can shut any American hole any time in seconds. Good job. Poor Americans can't get a break from anyone. LOL
Man, you Canadians can shut any American hole any time in seconds. Good job. Poor Americans can't get a break from anyone. LOL
Christian Fox wrote:

I agree. After the hurricane issue the population should be totally discusted with their gov't. and embarrassed as a nation. I lived in Alabama for 6 years and am sad to say that racism is alive and kicking in the good old south - The issue with Orleans brought it all out for the world to see. One of these days the usa is gonna implode on itself. Could not wait to get out of there. It's one big melting pot of shit.

I appreciated the verification (it was in the local paper, but good to hear from another source too). The message COULD have said it was US postage.
Interesting that the post office chose a day when they don't pick up mail...
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

True. The message could have also been posted to any of the dozens of newsgroups that exist purely for the discussion of USA issues, rather than a general home-repair newsgroup.

Or in your Canadian case, it should be alt.igloo.repair Bubba

Better an igloo than the shacks along highways that many Americans seem to live in.
Christian Fox wrote:

Better reason to use bill paying over the internet through your bank and save postage.
And to Christian....I hope you don't bash all US citizens. I recently visited Canada and was impressed with all the people I met, very nice place and you have a right to be proud. I would honestly consider living in Canada one day but you have a problem there not your fault that I couldnt take and that's cold weather. Of course, we have that in the Northern US also so I wouldn't live there either, I love the warm weather in the South, but Canada is a nice country to visit.
says...

Many Americans are sensible, reasonable, friendly people. It's the politics and foreign policy down there that tend to draw the ire of Canadians.

Honestly, it isn't that bad, although it does take some adjusting. Once you're used to it, it's quite pleasant most of the year. Most places in the country only get really cold (below -20C) for a few weeks a year.

It's odd how you say that. I've visited Texas, and thought that I could never live there because it was just too hot. :-) It's all what you're used to, I guess...
says...

Jealous?
says...

Nah. It's a lot of fun to make fun of American politics and political leaders. GWB is the funniest thing to come to American politics in many years. It's too bad he won't be in office for too much longer.
says...

Yeah, and Paul Martin is a fucking genius.
What a joke.
You bore me.
*PLONK*
says...

Yeah, and between Frank Stronach and me, we made over a million dollars last year....
Christian Fox wrote:

No it's not. The politics and foreign policy of the United States has almost no impact on Canadians. What concievable difference could it make to any Canadian if the tax on corporate dividends is reduced or whether the US invades Syria?
No the "ire" of Canadians is displaced fear.

Judging from Canadian commentary, satire, and comedy shows, I think you're wrong.

Really? Why, then, are we spending millions of our tax dollars sending troops to Afghanistan to clean up your mess?

Yes, that's it. We're afraid that the Americans will decide that Canada is worth invading for its mineral wealth. Given recent precedents, such fear may be quite rational.
Christian Fox wrote:
You've posted twenty times in this thread. That's about an eighth of your entire posting history. Are you winning yet? Isn't there something else you'd rather be doing?
Christian Fox wrote:

You must have great welfare up there to be making fun of our working poor. Most Canucks I know aren't elitist pigs like you, so you must have picked it up being a US liberal before you dodged the draft.

I'm not making fun of anybody - I'm just pointing out that there are plenty of Americans that live in nothing more than a shack along a highway (or less). Americans seem to ignore that fact.

Actually, I was born here, and the whole concept of a "draft" is a foreign concept to me.
Mark Lloyd wrote:

And if you will permit me my rant, the friggin' company I rent our office postage meter from (Neopost) just charged me $95 for what looks like 50 cents worth of "smart card" with new rate data in it to let it pick the right amount of postage when mail is plopped onto it's little attached scale.
It might not be *such* a big screwing if the damn scale weighed stuff beyond 13 ounces and let you choose between first class, priority, media mail and parcel post. But all it does is first class postage, you have to do the other kinds manually.
If it wuz just me I'd go back to using our old $10 mechanical scale with the rates printed on the dial and punch the postage amount into the postage meter myself. But our two office assistants are used to the scale doing the setting and it would be lousy P.R. for me to tell them they had to go back to "doing it by hand" again.
Neopost must laugh all the way to the bank raking in what's probably at least $85 of pure profit from all their tens of thousands of scale users evertime there's a postage rate increase.
Thanks, I feel better now...
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Christian Fox wrote:

Wonder who'll Play the Bears in their 1st playoff game. Exciting wekend!
Who will win NFL wild-card games? - TheSportsAdvisors.com The Redskins return to the playoffs for the first time since 1999 when they travel to Tampa Bay to face the Buccaneers... If the Redskins win, they'll travel to Seattle next week. If the Buccaneers win, they'll play the Bears in Chicago.