Reminder: Postage rates up Sunday

In what has to be the least publicized postal rate hike in memory if ever the first class 1 oz rate rises Sunday Jan 8 to 39 cents. Postcards and additional ounces (I think) go to 24 cents.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

Aside from stamps having NOTHING to do with home repair, this isn't an American forum. I'm pretty sure that people (like me) outside of the USA don't give a shit about your stamps being more expensive.

Reply to
Christian Fox

But with the rising cost we still won't be able to send you any gifts. Sorry about that.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

forum.

about your

The next time you order condoms on Ebay, you will be paying more... But please keep using the condoms so you dont reproduce !!!

Reply to
anoldfart2

LOL

Don't worry about him. He's just a f****ng foreigner WISHING he could live in these United States.....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Last I checked, my country (Canada) sent more aid to the USA last year than it received from the USA. We're the ones sending YOU the gifts...

Reply to
Christian Fox

forum.

about your

I appreciated the verification (it was in the local paper, but good to hear from another source too). The message COULD have said it was US postage.

Interesting that the post office chose a day when they don't pick up mail...

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Actually, I'm a proud Canadian, thrilled NOT to be living in the USA. Odd how you describe people from other countries as "f****ng foreigners". It just proves my point -- on the whole you're a bunch of pompous assholes that think they're better than everyone else.

I'll stay here in Canada, where I get good quality, publicly-funded health care, a sane public pension system, and don't have to worry about getting shot. Oh, and we have 100% less GWB than you guys, which is just the icing on the cake.

Reply to
Christian Fox

care, a sane

have 100%

More reasons it's better to live in Canada - better benefits for parents (my wife took a full year off to take care of our first child, and received employment insurance payments for the entire year, and was guaranteed her job when she returned to work), less crime, and cleaner cities. Oh, and we don't really have to worry about getting killed by terrorists, because our foreign policies haven't pissed people off too much.

Reply to
Christian Fox

True. The message could have also been posted to any of the dozens of newsgroups that exist purely for the discussion of USA issues, rather than a general home-repair newsgroup.

Reply to
Christian Fox

Good. Stay there.

I agree with yo there. The OP should not assume that you f*ck, when in fact, perhaps you just jerk off.

That IS good news.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

my point --

everyone

Actually you proved my point. You could have just ignored the thread.

Good. We don't need any more assholes.

Reply to
3rd eye

American forum.

about your

And if you will permit me my rant, the friggin' company I rent our office postage meter from (Neopost) just charged me $95 for what looks like 50 cents worth of "smart card" with new rate data in it to let it pick the right amount of postage when mail is plopped onto it's little attached scale.

It might not be *such* a big screwing if the damn scale weighed stuff beyond 13 ounces and let you choose between first class, priority, media mail and parcel post. But all it does is first class postage, you have to do the other kinds manually.

If it wuz just me I'd go back to using our old $10 mechanical scale with the rates printed on the dial and punch the postage amount into the postage meter myself. But our two office assistants are used to the scale doing the setting and it would be lousy P.R. for me to tell them they had to go back to "doing it by hand" again.

Neopost must laugh all the way to the bank raking in what's probably at least $85 of pure profit from all their tens of thousands of scale users evertime there's a postage rate increase.

Thanks, I feel better now...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

my point --

everyone

Nah. Bashing America is the second Canadian national pastime (the first is hockey).

Indeed. You've got far more of them than anybody would expect. The standard allotment for most countries is one per person. Somehow Americans have managed to get spares.

Reply to
Christian Fox

Bite me you dumb-ass Canuck.....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

Or in your Canadian case, it should be alt.igloo.repair Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

How's that GST these days?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Excellent comeback. It seems that the American wit is at an all-time high.

Reply to
Christian Fox

Better an igloo than the shacks along highways that many Americans seem to live in.

Reply to
Christian Fox

Better reason to use bill paying over the internet through your bank and save postage.

And to Christian....I hope you don't bash all US citizens. I recently visited Canada and was impressed with all the people I met, very nice place and you have a right to be proud. I would honestly consider living in Canada one day but you have a problem there not your fault that I couldnt take and that's cold weather. Of course, we have that in the Northern US also so I wouldn't live there either, I love the warm weather in the South, but Canada is a nice country to visit.

Joey