Remember those Comcast commercials?

They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below 29 will be available without a settop box. Exact date unknown for the change.
Will un-encrypted "QAM" channels go next?

price as the expanded basic. I agree if you have lots of TV type stuff (DVR,DVD-R,VCR) you need more boxes. Then satellite really starts looking good.

Don't you have to have extra boxes with satellite also?
I have multiple tuner cards in my PC, plus a few TVs.
Anyone have any expertise on controlling more than one settop boxes from a PC for BeyondTV recordings?

Satellites usually bundle 4 boxes with their deals.
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 00:04:58 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

but you still pay every month (I think it's still $5/mo for each additional box).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote:

That's the way I remember it.

I understand you pay for everything, there is no free lunch, but 4 boxes are in their bundle deal. The comcast bundle only has one box. It is really not the cost of the box as much as the pain in the ass value of having one more thing to screw with when you want to record a show and the extra power it consumes.. These cable boxes run hot and hot = watts. Losing "cable ready" is going to be a good incentive to just lose cable.

Yep, that's pretty much gonna be my experience as well; I'm kind of glad that they're doing it for me.
Jon

You might find some help at:
http://thegreenbutton.com/default.aspx
Cheer, Jim

Dumped Comcast a long time ago. Satellite beats Comcast.
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:49:11 -0500, Phisherman wrote:

dish network and a DVR digital video recorder.
schedules are mine to create, skip thru commercials:) and replay funny stuff or gorgeous gals.
one nite my wife spotted a topless gal on a beach scene on CBS.
the local stATION SAID ONLY FOLKS WITH dvrS WOULD OF CAUGHT IT
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Or a wife...
Bob F wrote:

Chicago system because the "government required them to do it"?
George wrote:

They said exactly that to me about the change above.