Remember the story of the shoemakers shoes?

Woke up this morning to a 56-degree house. Hot surface ignitor in my condensing furnace bit the big one. Had to happen on a Sunday, didn't it?
Wait a minute... I seem to remember storing some parts at my parents house for their (then new) furnace about a dozen years ago.
A quick visit yielded a brand-spanking-new ignitor, still in the box.
Up and running again.
I'll have to order a couple of spares.
Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Happy Heating Season.
--
C.J.

Pull my pud to reply

The fix for that, since the silicon carbide units fail regularly, is to get a ceramic replacement.
I've got an inducer fan that needs dissembly and reoiling every year. Join the club.....
--
Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus