Remember the story of the shoemakers shoes?

Woke up this morning to a 56-degree house. Hot surface ignitor in my condensing furnace bit the big one. Had to happen on a Sunday, didn't it?

Wait a minute... I seem to remember storing some parts at my parents house for their (then new) furnace about a dozen years ago.

A quick visit yielded a brand-spanking-new ignitor, still in the box.

Up and running again.

I'll have to order a couple of spares.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Happy Heating Season.

Reply to
C.J.

The fix for that, since the silicon carbide units fail regularly, is to get a ceramic replacement.

Reply to
CBHvac

I've got an inducer fan that needs dissembly and reoiling every year. Join the club.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn