Remaining Propane In Hand-held Bernzomatic Torch ?

Page 3 of 3
On 12/5/13 2:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

There are tank level indicators. Examples here: http://tinyurl.com/mlufazw

Got any for the 14.1 or 16 oz tanks like the OP is talking about?
He's talking about this...
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/91/91432ddd-b27c-4303-a874-0d1e05f3f13a_1000.jpg
On 12/5/2013 7:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Principle is the same and they should work on any tank. They just show temperature at different levels. But, one of the things I tried and did not work well. The IR thermometer mentioned sounds like a good idea but one would cost probably more than 10 full propane bottles.
On 12/5/13 6:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

That's what I envisioned. Some of the level indicators in the pictures in the link are just like a piece of tape. They change color at the propane level. I suspect the circumference of the tank doesn't matter.
On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:22:48 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

The empty 14.1 oz torch tank weighs about 15 oz (430 grams, actually) so a full tank weighs 830 grams - 400 gramms of it Propane.
Thank you Emma Genius.
I chilled the propane cylinder overnight in the frig, and then brought it o ut into the kitchen. Waited about 8 minutes and then scanned it with my te mperature IR scanner. Very distinct change in case temperature over a heig ht difference of one inch. Tank is about half full.
On 12/9/2013 6:04 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

the frig, and then brought it out into the kitchen. Waited about 8 minutes and then scanned it with my temperature IR scanner. Very distinct change in case temperature over a height difference of one inch. Tank is about half full.

I'd be tempted to buy a full one, and repeat the test. If a tank is filled to half the length of the tank, it may actually be 7/8 full. You aren't sure, yet....
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/9/13 5:36 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Now that you mention it, 85% is the fill limit on the 500 and 1000 gallon tanks for agricultural and home heating use.
Thank you Emma Genius.
I chilled the propane cylinder overnight in the frig, and then brought it out into the kitchen. Waited about 8 minutes and then scanned it with my temperature IR scanner. Very distinct change in case temperature over a height difference of one inch. Tank is about half full.
Is the full and empty weights not stamped on the cylinder?

I have a spotlight that I have had for years. I want to know how much light I have used, and how much light is left in the spotlight.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 12/9/2013 9:07 PM, willshak wrote:

Well, silly. Put it in the freezer over night, and then warm it for a few minutes. Check it with IR thermometer to find out.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Make sure the light in the freezed goes out when you close the freezer.
On 12/9/2013 10:13 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Check with IR thermom?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

All you have to do is pour a cup of warm water over the side. I did it with a large tank at camp. Work well. Surprised it was almost fill.
Greg
On 12/9/2013 9:37 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Years ago, my Dad worked in the training department of Eastman Kodak. One of his bits of wisdom "Yesterday's solutions will be applied to today's problems, when they are not appropriate."
--
.
Christopher A. Young

How much spot could a spotlight light if a spotlight could light spot?
I move to CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!
On 12/10/2013 12:08 AM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Second!
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/10/2013 7:20 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dang! I haven't made any profane, nasty remarks or questioned anyone's parentage yet. o_O
TDD

Let me tell you why Islam is the world's fastest growing religion. got a couple hours? It all started when the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was visited one day by God, and told that all the other groups were wrong. There was no one greater than Allah (PBUH), and Muhammed (PBUH)was to teach God's last and final message.
--
.
Christopher A. Young