Remaining Propane In Hand-held Bernzomatic Torch ?

I'm not doubting you, but what kind of picnic table?

In all the years I've been using portable grills I've even never scorched a table, let alone burned a hole in one. When I camp I have a couple of wooden cabinets that I made to transport and hold our kitchen stuff. They get put up on stands and then a 2' x 4? piece of plywood goes across the gap and the grill and stove go on top. The grill has never even scorched the plywood.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Who needs an online link. I've had it happen. Didn't need the fire department - just a pail of river water. - didn't actually flame, but charred about 1/4 inch deep. In Algonquin Park.

Reply to
clare

It was 2X8 pine or spruce - Parks Canada issue - Algonquin Park - Pog Lake Campground if I remember correctly.

Reply to
clare

I got a grill I bough at rite aid for $20 I use frequently. It's even got Thermometer. Been using It at camp, but it's been around. If I saw it again, I would buy it, especially at $20. Sometimes you find amazing deals.

I also have a Coleman grill plate, not as useful. Another cheap propane two burner stove I keep as spare. Also a Coleman liquid gas two burner stove, I used mostly when we camped in tents.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I usually shake the tank. Works for me.

That grill I bought 4-5 years ago for $20 at rite aid looks similar to this...

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Thank you Emma Genius.

I chilled the propane cylinder overnight in the frig, and then brought it o ut into the kitchen. Waited about 8 minutes and then scanned it with my te mperature IR scanner. Very distinct change in case temperature over a heig ht difference of one inch. Tank is about half full.

Reply to
hrhofmann

the frig, and then brought it out into the kitchen. Waited about 8 minutes and then scanned it with my temperature IR scanner. Very distinct change in case temperature over a height difference of one inch. Tank is about half full.

I'd be tempted to buy a full one, and repeat the test. If a tank is filled to half the length of the tank, it may actually be 7/8 full. You aren't sure, yet....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Now that you mention it, 85% is the fill limit on the 500 and 1000 gallon tanks for agricultural and home heating use.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I have a spotlight that I have had for years. I want to know how much light I have used, and how much light is left in the spotlight.

Reply to
willshak

Well, silly. Put it in the freezer over night, and then warm it for a few minutes. Check it with IR thermometer to find out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Make sure the light in the freezed goes out when you close the freezer.

Reply to
clare

All you have to do is pour a cup of warm water over the side. I did it with a large tank at camp. Work well. Surprised it was almost fill.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

How much spot could a spotlight light if a spotlight could light spot?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I move to CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Years ago, my Dad worked in the training department of Eastman Kodak. One of his bits of wisdom "Yesterday's solutions will be applied to today's problems, when they are not appropriate."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Check with IR thermom?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Second!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Dang! I haven't made any profane, nasty remarks or questioned anyone's parentage yet. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Let me tell you why Islam is the world's fastest growing religion. got a couple hours? It all started when the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was visited one day by God, and told that all the other groups were wrong. There was no one greater than Allah (PBUH), and Muhammed (PBUH)was to teach God's last and final message.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I chilled the propane cylinder overnight in the frig, and then brought it out into the kitchen. Waited about 8 minutes and then scanned it with my temperature IR scanner. Very distinct change in case temperature over a height difference of one inch. Tank is about half full.

Is the full and empty weights not stamped on the cylinder?

Reply to
harryagain