Relocating Plumbing Drains in Slab (sink/tub/etc)?????????

We are looking at doing some remodeling on our west central Florida home and have a big question about the plans. The home was built in the early 1980's and it's a block home on a concrete slab.

The main question we have is in our master bath area we want to redesign how everything is laid out but a couple things don't work well. This would require moving the sink, a shower and possibly the toilet. Since the drains run thru the slab, we were wondering how big a task it is relocating these things. Do they have to tear up the slab and re-plumb everything? Not sure how that happens so putting the question out there.

Any help or suggestions welcomed! Thanks

Reply to
infiniteMPG

Drains, no choice but to break slab. How much depends on how far and where relocate to relative to mains, etc. How much could be done by remote boring from outside depends on the arrangement of the lot, etc.

Supply lines could theoretically, anyway, be diverted to overhead thru attic.

In short, anything is doable; question is how much to be gained and do you want to undergo the expense/effort?

It's probably not a DIY'er if it's a weekender type; a dedicated DIY'er could...

--

Reply to
dpb

I've seen plumbers tunnel under a slab, then when they have it the way they want it they back fill the tunnel. That obviously would be better if the digging was easy, but I'd imagine in most of Florida that is the case.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

You could take advantage of the fact that it far easier to move walls and doors around, and find an expert (architect) o design a master barh you like with the major fixtures in the same location. That should bring the project down to skilled DIY level and might be way less pricey and less time to complete.

Joe.

Reply to
Joe