Relocate AC outlets

I have existing AC outlets in each room that is located in the middle of the room. I would like to install a ceiling fan in the same spot, so the only option is to relocate the outlet (12"x12") to another location. The existing AC duct system was installed back in 1974 and is made of galvanized sheet metal.
The electrician recommends that the existing duct be cut, then a "flex coil duct" be connected to it and the flex coil can go to the new location of the outlet.
I have heard previously those flex corrugated coils are not good for AC duct as they trap dusts and dirt. Is this true?
Thanks in advance,
MC
MiamiCuse wrote:

would make a significant difference.
MiamiCuse wrote:

First one note, AC = Alternating Current, as in electrical; A/C = Air Conditioning. Using this convention will get better responses.
My recommendation would be to simply cut the existing duct back 12"-18" and relocate the outlet using the existing termination components. There should be no reason to cut and install flex if the vent is in the middle of the room since you should be able to move it back in whichever direction the duct is running and still be in a reasonable location.
As for the flex duct, the inner surface is more slippery than the sheet metal, so they really don't collect that much more. Flex duct is the norm in most everything commercial, and if the dust and dirt was a significant problem they'd probably use something else.

I'm gonna have to stock up on that slippery commercial flex....
"Dr. Hard crab" wrote:

So you're implying that the surface of galvanized sheet metal is more slippery than the inner surface of the plastic / metalized plastic flex duct?