Rehash please - best non-gas generators

Page 3 of 3

People were able to determine prices long before we had computers or the internet. A phone call to a couple of friends would be one way. Or walking over to a neighbor who has a generator running and asking what they paid for it. Or using a friend's computer. While I had no power, I used a computer at a friend's house. Or how about all those web enabled cell phones that most kids have today?
And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. If you really, really want a generator and the only one available is being sold by a guy out of a truck, it's either worth it to you at that price or it isn't. If you don't want it for $1400, someone else most likely will.

See, that's where we differ. You libs think everyone else is stupid and that they need you and big govt to think for them and save them from themselves. I've never in all my life bitched because the govt let something happen to me. I do bitch regularly about what the govt is doing to me, how each year I have to work more days to support it, how it's slowly taking our freedoms away. And those freedoms include being able to buy a generator at any damn price I feel like.
On 9/1/2011 7:17 PM, jamesgangnc wrote:

So let's see, the store loses power and has to run on a generator and has to pay a lot extra to get supplies shipped in overnight and the store can't raise their prices to reflect their extra costs in getting merchandise to the people in need even though they're going the extra mile to stay open during the disaster? The store is probably short handed and has to pay its employees overtime but they can't raise their prices to cover the extra expenses? Darn, it would discourage a lot of merchants to even try to operate their businesses during that time. I would probably just lock up and hire armed security to prevent looting.
TDD