Regulator for air compressor

I've had a cheap Harbor freight air compressor for a few years & it has paid for itself. So when the regulator stripped out, I went to the blue borg and bought a replacement off their rack.

But that damn thing leaks right out of the box! I bought it several months ago & it has been sitting in the garage waiting for me to take the c-clamp off the old one and install the new regulator.

I just want a simple inline regulator. I have another one with the drier that I use when painting- but I don't think it is necessary when pumping tires or occasional nailing.

Is there a good brand of regulator, or are they all POS?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Shop at junk stores and you get the POS. Go to an industrial supply house or

for quality.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They've got a couple of models at Harbor Freight for $4.99. Others, with dryers and so forth cost a bit more.

Reply to
HeyBub

Well, now. . . don't I feel stupid. I know folks in this group are too polite or shy to say anything, but a "Hey DF . .. " is in order here.

Regulators are not [always?] 2-way. I looked on this one for an arrow, but didn't see it. Should have put my glasses on first, I guess, or stepped out of the garage into the sun.

Reading on Mcmaster about the 'relieving feature' I wondered if I might have installed the thing bass-ackwards. Sure enough- there is an arrow, and it apparently indicates the direction of air flow, not "this way to compressor".

Thanks Ed & HB--- [and probably SteveB who thought about it being backwards but was just too nice to say anything.]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Acceptable excuse, especially if you are over 50.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski