Regarding the igniter on gas stove

The repairman came because the igniter was sparking even when the stove was turned off, and the other burners wouldn't light at all. The problem was the ceramic around the igniter had gotten wet from a boil over and wouldn't work until completely dry. I think a couple of words about that in the owners manual would have been helpful, but he told me if it happens again, unplug the stove and use a hair dryer on low to dry it. At least I didn't have to pay for the information. :-)
-- Cheri
Cheri wrote:

the beauties of gas -- it's easily controlled.
Cheri wrote:

Get rid of the moisture and bake some goodies!

Manually light the burners to remove the moisture. Duh! (Technology makes us brain-dead)
I have had boil overs when making hummingbird nectar. The sugar makes a mess that is very hard to clean up.
---MIKE---