Refrigerators with bottom freezers

Recently bought a Maytag French Door refrigerator with bottom freezer. Amana is the same unit so this will probably apply to that brand too as well as a couple of others but not GE or LG. It is fairly noisy and people complain about that on the web. I noticed that the noise level did not change much whether the freezer drawer was open or closed. That made me look at the fit. The bottom door mounts have a half inch range of adjustment and looking at the insulation when it closed it was clear that the door was mounted too low for the insulation to do a good job on top. I loosened the

4 screws and moved it up a good 1/3 of an inch. Refrigerator is significantly quieter now and there is a big noise level difference with bottom drawer open versus closed as you would expect.
Reply to
Art