Refrigerator Water Dispenser problem

My refrigerator (Samsung side by side) water dispenser was working fine but the inline filter I had install was at end of life so I bought a new one. it's installed in the cabinets next to the refrigerator and is in the plastic water line that connects to the refrig.
So I put the new filter on and darn if I didn't forget to flush it first before connecting it to the refrig. Now when I use the dispenser there is a drip drip drip all day long.
I'm assuming some debris from the new filter must have gotten stuck in the electric valve but I'd hate to replace it only to find out there's some other valve that might also be the problem. Is the electric valve the only valve in these refrigerator dispenser systems?
On 9/30/2014 4:03 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

The electric valve typically has one valve for water, second valve to fill ice. They might BOTH have sediment.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

This http://www.appliancepartspros.com/samsung-valve-da74-40149d-ap4165558.html
is what I get for my model, RS2545sh/xaa but it says it's discontinued. Another site seems to have a similar valve listed but with push on connections so I assume it's showing a cross-referenced replacement.
There also seems to be another water valve in the ice maker. Does that seem right that the ice maker line has a second valve in the line?
'Ashton Crusher[_2_ Wrote: > ;3290606']My refrigerator (Samsung side by side) water dispenser was > working

Why not you search on their manufacturer website hope you get any information there that how to install a filter and other information that you need for dispenser. They may also provide you online support for help in resolving issues
'What your stock broker doesn?t want you to see' (http://easypcinvestor.com /)
--
stockbrokers

On 09/30/2014 03:03 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

[snip]
I just changed the water filter in my refrigerator (Kenmore). I needed to run 3 gallons through it (as in the instructions) and then it stops leaking.
--
85 days until the winter celebration (Thursday December 25, 2014
12:00:00 AM for 1 day).

Mine seems to have stopped leaking, keeping my fingers crossed. It's in a tight space and I really don't want to have to roll it out if I can avoid it. I guess the dirt or whatever must have worked it's way out. I did have to run a lot of water thru it to get all the air out, seemed like at least a gallon.

Thanks. That must have been the problem, it's been several days and the air pockets finally seem to be gone and the thing has stopped dripping.
On 10/1/2014 2:37 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Easy fix. Thanks for writing to tell us about what worked for you.
I think you must wait for some days because some time due to changing of filter there must be water leakage until you use them for few days. And if the problem remain same than you must try an other filter. 'What your stock broker doesn&#8217;t want you to see' (http://easypcinvestor.com /)
--
stockbrokers