Refrigerator Warm/ Freezer Fine [Fridgidaire]

My Fridgidaire, model #FPCI165VS, is a side-by-side unit of the late '60's, or early '70's. The refrigerator section does not cool properly, all of a sudden. Freezer works fine...defrost timer is OK (no icing in evaporator & heater coils are working correctly), fan in the freezer section is working OK. The upper vent damper into the refrigerator section is fully open & still has poor refrigerator temperature. It looks as though the only way that the refrigerator side cools is by a fan in the freezer compartment blowing air through an adjustable damper controled by the "freezer temperature control". There is a control for the refrigerator temperature, with a sensor tube, which controls the compressor cycling. The compressor seems to be running for long enough (normal) periods, but still something is wrong. Any one had a similar experience & a solution? Thanks-in-advance.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MBoom1664) wrote in message
Hi,

Some common trouble makers... http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

The FF section gets it's cold air from the FZ fan blowing the air over into the FF section from the FZ section, there is also a return air vent, return air frozen over or blocked, evap fan slow??

jeff.
I had a problem like that a few weeks ago, read the owners manual, and it said to turn down the freezer (make it warmer) side, and the fridge side would get colder. It sounded weird, but I did it and it solved my problem. Not sure if that is particular to my brand of fridge or if it would help with all brands. May be worth a try. (I also got a brush and cleaned all the coils real well, and make sure the fan wasn't blocked, which are the best first things to do)