refrigerator tripping circuit

I have a 10 year old refrigerator in the garage that recently starting tripping the GFCI outlet it's plugged into. I've also noticed that it's making a loud clicking noise every 15 minutes or so. Any suggestions on what it might be? Is it likely to be worth fixing at 10 years old?
Thanks, RD
Hard to tell without being there. But, my guess is starting component problem on the compressor. Might need a hard start kit.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

So plug it into a non-GFCI outlet.