Refrigerator -- terrible smell!

Page 2 of 2
On 9/6/2013 12:58 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Dang! I just had some ice creme. O_o
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Hi, Milk, sugar(very difficult to digest) are very acidic food increasing the inflamation causing pain. Since I retired from Honeywell after 30 odd years we have been running small health food store for our own consumption and helping others. That was back in '92. We did very well and expanded to 4 stores covering 4 corners of the city. Now back down to one to keep it for another 10 years we hope. We have seen sooooo many health issues coming from drinking milk. kids ADHD, increased pain, digestion isssues, mucous problems. Milk is big no, no for folks with any kinda breathing difficulty. Calcium reinforced Almond or Rice drink is much better choice. Drinking too much coffee being acidic will cause higher pain level. Drink Korean Red Ginseng tea which has many benefits. Energy, endurance, stamina, mental focus, blood sugar control, etc.
My family suffers from allergies. Milk, in very very tiny ammounts. Gives me sore feet, go figure.
I'm sure the processed foods that I eat every day are killing me. I'd be better off to eat natural.
On 9/6/2013 3:49 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

On 9/6/2013 2:49 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

So that's why my farts propel me upward from my chair and sound like the steam whistle on a battleship! The extreme pressure and velocity of the escaping flammable gas is actually quite painful to my tailpipe. O_o
ps, I stopped eating ice cream by the bowl and went to bars and ice cream sandwiches. My visiting nurse was concerned about my 35lb weight loss over a 2 month period and I explained that I'm doing it on purpose to take a load off my heart and agonizingly painful joints. It's really simple to lose weight, just pay attention to HOW MUCH YOU EAT. ^_^
TDD

So, what's the received wisdom on citrus fruit, berries, vinegar and other acidic foods?
Apparently the pH of milk is 6.4 to 6.8 (which is pretty close to neutral). Why should it be more of a problem?
The pH of stomach acid is 1.5 to 3.5. You'd think that'd be certain, swift death.
Sounds like BS to me.
Cindy Hamilton

Who is "you"?

Well, if they are difficult to digest, that means I get some exercise without even leaving the dinner table, and for several hours after that, my body gets a work-out. So I get that without even trying. I'm glad.

But doesn't that only apply to people who have pain? I certainly don't, or anyone in my family.

No one in my family has that.

Is it OK to drink the milk, sugar, and salt separately?
I'd have some milk with my cereal, sugar on my toast, and salt on my burger. That OK?
Somehow, I don't think a glass of milk would taste good with sugar and salt dissolved in.
On 9/6/2013 1:58 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

On 09/05/2013 10:58 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

While I agree with you on sugar, you are utterly wrong about milk, which is an excellent source of both protein and calories. It is also delicious.
Some people have trouble digesting it, I will give you that, but that is about the only caveat (unless you believe all the FUD articles that various crackpots put out about foods, in which case you're on your own).
Jon
On Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:58:36 PM UTC-7, Tony Hwang wrote:

I keep it for the gardener's weekly coffee. I also use it in cold cereal but rarely. Do not drink it as beverage.
HB
Nave retard...
--
Tony Hwang <dragon40 shaw.ca> wrote:

Take everything out of the freezer. Inside, in the back, is a panel that covers the evaporator. Pull several screws, the panel comes out. My guess is that in the drain pan (about two inches front to back, goes the width of the freezer) there is some food that slipped in under there. Chunk of frozen carrots, or some thing. Might rinse this all out with some bleach dilute. The aluminum fins are razor sharp, and cut skin very easily, DAMHIKT.
I further suggest you cut back on drive through food, and buy a new two slice pop up toaster.
Remit $47.50 for consultation ;)
On 9/5/2013 9:06 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

terrible smell coming from the refrigerator AND the freezer!!!

about 6-7 years old.

(nothing) washed the entire frig. section. Did the same with the freezer - where the smell, oddly enough, seems STRONGER! No change; smell still there.

the blast of air SEEMED to be carrying the odor. By now, I am so crazy that I'm not even sure of THAT!

me to smell the frig/freezer. Asked him whether an animal could have crawled behind and died. He sensibly replied that if that were the case, the whole kitchen would smell.

that cool the frig/freezer?

On Friday, September 6, 2013 5:01:12 AM UTC-7, Stormin Mormon wrote:

(*&*&^%#%^**(+!!!! ME?! Never touch the stuff! Wish kids didn't either, drinking those awful fizzy sugared drinks that wreck the body, especially girls.

I have a 4-slice toaster of which 2 slices are working. Will that do it? <g>

Bill me <g>

I suspect it will turn out that way. When I pulled everything out of the freezer to clean it, I could feel the smell coming from the blast of air entering the freezer.
Now what do YOU mean by freezer pan? Another kind poster suggested I pull out & clean the drip pan from the bottom of the frig. Are there TWO pans??
HB

HB -- I have a Whirlpool of about the same vintage and am having exactly the same problem (or, my tenant is).
Did you determine the problem? Was there anything you could do other than trash the thing?
On Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 7:06:34 PM UTC-6, Higgs Boson wrote:

Ten years ago, at our apartment, we had a foul odor issue, which was determined to be the freezer's automatic defroster heater. It had somehow come in contact with the plastic lining in the freezer and was slowly melting it, pro- ducing the stink!
Our landlord replaced the fridge on his dime. :)
replying to Higgs Boson, Lisa wrote: Mine is doing the same thing!!! Both frig & freezer smell