Refrigerator siting outside

I have a refrigerator that has been uncovered outside in rain and snow for a month and its about 20 out now, I brought it inside where its warm and wonder how long it should sit and dry out, would 24 hours be enough.

Never really know until it's plugged in unfortunately. For all you know, if water wasn't splashing near the electrical parts and not sitting in a couple of inches of it, it may be fine as is. If you're not desperate to use it why not just leave it for a week.
If the motor/compressor area is accessable, maybe putting a hair dryer under there for a while would reduce the chances of Ka-boom.
How about plugging it into a GFCI outlet for a bit. If something is goofy, GFCI can kill the power a lot faster than you can.
Just random thoughts.

Actualy this tenant left it outside since September so it has been soaked with water but not in a puddle, a tenant needs a new frige so a week is long but it gets me worried.

Think Microsoft...Plug & Pray

MS vista for me was plug and replace everything that wasnt compatible, plug and crash - waste cash.
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:17:37 -0800 (PST), ransley

Build the box first that will run the OS.
I run Win2K on a machine ready for Win7. The transitions will be harmful.

'harmless' I meant.
-- "Well, it doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens, it happens constantly."
ransley wrote:

Are there any places mice could hide at the bottom? It might not hurt to have a quick look.

Definitely good advice. We have a mini fridge on the deck 9 months out of the year and every month or so we have to clean mice nests out of the underside.

Its been 0 out so the roaches and mice are inside.
ransley wrote:

If it doesn't have any fancy electronic controls and just the basic t-stat I'd try it in 24 hours. Maybe point a small heater at it in the rear facing the compressor area.

I'd at least use a meter to take an ohm reading between the hot wire of the plug and the metal casing first
Effenpig1 wrote:

You may be surprised at how poorly rain water conducts electricity, besides, that's why the metal is grounded. A few micro amps to ground, no problem. Or to be really safe, plug it into a GFCI outlet.
It is not uncommon around here for people to have freezers that are kept outside due to lack of room. They plug them in and run them in all kinds of weather.
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com
Dymphna wrote:

some freezers don't work well, or at all, when it's too cold outside of the freezer.