Refrigerator shut itself down in a few seconds

My 5-year-old Kenmore refrigerator is not cold anymore. The refirgerator tried to start with some kind of sound but in a few seconds I heard a click and the sound stop (shutdown?). After one minute or so it tried again, and then it shutdown again in a few seconds. It kept repeating this sounds (try to start, then shutdown itself) and the refrigerator is not cold at all.
I have someone check the themostat and funs and they are all fine. What else should I check?
Thank you for your help!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Either starting relay failure or compressor failure.
Let me guess- the warranty is for 5 years?
You'll need someone at least a little experienced with appliances to troubleshoot it.
Jim
Problem with the start components on the compressor. If it's within the 5 year warranty, have Sears come out and do thier thing. If it's outside the warranty have a local appliance guy come out and put on a hard start kit. It's not something most home owners can fix.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

What is a hard start kit, or what does it do?