Refrigerator shopping

I've been looking at new fridges for a couple weeks now & have been puzzled by a few things.
Are they measured differently than they were 15 yrs ago?
I have a 20.6 Cu ft GE [TBX21TKC] that is about 15 yrs old-- The actual dimensions of this one are; width 31" height 68.5" depth [without handles] 30"
I can't find a 20 cu ft fridge that will slide into that space. [My space is 31.5 wide- and with a great deal of effort I can stretch it to 32.]
Secondly- Are they all 'Frost free' these days? I can't believe how rare it is to see 'Frost Free' in the description. I have read the descriptions of a couple high-end boxes that don't mention 'Frost Free' so I'm beginning to wonder if they are all frost free these days.
Thirdly-- Sears has a neat 'appliance selector' on their site-- it allows you to chose dimensions and eliminate everything that won't fit. [Sears 'Search by Feature' at http://tinyurl.com/segp ]
Is there one of these on some other sites?
Thanks, Jim [shopping for a cheap 20-21 cu ft top freezer Refrigerator less than 32" wide with ice-maker capability. I have a new GE icemaker that never got installed.]

I have a sleeping cat on my lap right now, so I can't go check model number, but I bought a top-freezer GE just this past April to fit the same size space you have. I think it's a GTS20something, a 20 cu ft machine, if I remember right. Look here: http://www.geappliances.com/shop/prdct/ Amana was another company that made a fridge to fit the same space, but the GE was a better buy with better features.
>I can't find a 20 cu ft fridge that will slide into that space. [My >space is 31.5 wide- and with a great deal of effort I can stretch it >to 32.]
Frigidaire has this large fridge that is supposed to fit in the same width as an 18 cubic feet one.
also, LG has models that are 29.5 inches wide up to 20 cubic feet.
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

have all the sizes listed on each box.... the also carry other brands than sears.. thats what i did about 2 yrs. ago when hunting for a side by side to fix in a space for our new ref.... hope this helps.
Jim Elbrecht wrote in message ...

99% of the large ones (14 cu.ft+) likely are and have been for the last 25-30 years (if not longer).

Rarely. Most sites are geared to selling appliances by the features they contain rather than trying to find replacements for existing products. That feature would really be appreciated by people looking for replacements for 'built-in' appliances.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=fridge+sizes
=~~~~~~