Refrigerator shaking and making noise

my fridge is making noise. I took the carboard off the back and the big black round thing appears to be the problem. Its also very hot, and shaking
The big black thing, I think is the compressor motor.
Does this sound right? Are they expensive? and difficult to replace?
Add pictures here
✖
Kubie wrote:

Trolling? If not, compressor is going.
Add pictures here
✖
Yes, they are most of the cost of the refrigerator. They are typically $300 and up, to replace. Please call a service company.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

THe repair cost may be more than the cost of a new fridge, especially if it is getting older. The electricity savings from a new one may offset a great deal of the added cost.
Add pictures here
✖
First thig would be to make sure that if the box has the condenser coil under it, as most but not all do, that the coil is clean and the fan motor is working. A plugged condener and/or bad fan motor could cause the symptoms you describe.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 3, 10:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Lp1331 1p1331) wrote:

I got one on order and it was $116 shipped. Are they difficult to put on? I see copper tubes going to it.
If there is copper sweat joints involved, it will probably be a service call.
Add pictures here
✖
Kubie wrote:

Think??? You able to capture the refrigerant, pull the vacuum and refill and test it???
✖
Hey, they are really easy to install. Takes about three hours, and about $5,000 in equipment, and a EPA certification card.
Just pump out the old freon, cut the lines, cut the old filter drier out. Braze in the new lines, and new filter drier. Vacuum pump the air out of the system, to about 500 microns, and weigh in a charge weight of new freon.
Move the electrical wiring from the old to the new.
Incidentally, I don't think the compressor (hot as it is) is the problem.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus