Refrigerator running warm

We have a fairly new (5 months) Frigidare side-by-side. After finding several items such as bread and lunch meat with green mold on them I decided to monitor the temperature for a week or so. The factory settings were on 3.5 out of 6 for both freezor and fresh foods. I moved them up to 4.5. The freezor seems fine but my therometer has the fresh foods between 45 and 50 degrees. I turned it up all the way to 6 and it's still running to warm. I left the freezor at 4.5. I like my fresh foods to run about 38 degrees. I read somewhere that setting the freezor too high can cause the fresh food temperature to rise. I also checked the compressor to see if it was dirty and it looked brand-new clean. Is there anything else I should do or check. The unit is still under warranty but I wanted to check before I call. Thanks

Reply to
LRESA500

If the freezer is working ok, then you've probably got an airflow restriction. Look for trash (plastic bags etc.) lodged in the air vent that passes between the compartments. Make sure you have nothing blocking the vent in the fresh food section. Should be in the back left corner above the upper shelf.

What temperature is the freezer section running?

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

Hi,

Make sure the light(s) go off when the door is closed.

Call and let the warranty depot check it out and don't get too deep into the unit yourself and void the warranty.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

RP:

The temperature in my freezor was 11 degrees .

Reply to
LRESA500

G'day,

11ºF right?

Too warm!!

FZ should be around 0ºF and FF section around 40ºF.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks Jeff !

This morning when I opened the refrigerator doors (they had been shut for 9 hours) the freezor was 7 degrees F and the fresh side was 43 F. BTW where is the little "o" for degrees on the keyboard ?

Gary

Reply to
LRESA500

G'day,

Push and hold the "alt" key, while holding that use numbers 167

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid